Search This Blog

Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 157

Today's words:

Binder
Stomach
Slipper
Bed
Tail
Croissant

I slammed the binder
Shut. "I can't stomach
"This," I said. I put on one slipper
And then the other and got into bed.
My dog gently wagged its tail.
In the morning I had a croissant.

A good croissant
Is hard to find in this country. I took up the binder
Again, watching as my dog's tail
Drooped. Again my stomach
Churned. I should have stayed in bed.
The dog took a slipper.

"Bring back my slipper,"
I called, "And I'll give you a bit of this croissant."
I climbed back into bed,
The binder
Left on the table. My stomach
Was starting to feel better. The dog's tail

Was wagging again. He wagged his tail
Faster as he returned with my slipper.
I rubbed his stomach
And fed him a piece of the croissant.
Maybe I should try reading the binder
In bed.

The dog jumped on the bed
And wagged his tail
In my face. I got up and went to get the binder.
The dog followed me, carrying a slipper.
Should I get another croissant?
My stomach

Grumbled. Lying on my stomach
In bed
I nibbled at the croissant
And stroked the dog's tail
As he chewed my slipper.
I opened the binder

Again, with no response from my stomach. The dog's tail
Hung off the bed, and the slipper
Fell to the ground. I finished the croissant and closed the binder.


No comments:

Post a Comment