Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day Fifteen

Today's words:
Mobile phone
Fall
Loan
Creeper
Seed
Beer

"I hear there's an amazing new mobile phone
"Due out this fall.
"It's so expensive you'll need a loan
"To afford it. Or you can just be a creeper
"And plant a seed
"In your old man's head when he's lost in his beer."

"Nah, I'll just have another beer.
"I don't really need a new mobile phone.
"My whole garden's gone to seed.
"Come fall
"There'll be nothing left except that creeper
"Vine. I'll need someone to loan

Me a mower to take it all down." "Well I could use a loan
"For this next beer.
"I'm no creeper, sneaking around looking for a mobile phone
"To steal and sell for cash. I'll not fall
That low." "Ha! I'm in commodities now - buying seed

"Corn futures. No idea what that seed
"Would actually do if I took delivery, but they gave me a loan
"To make my first trades. When prices fall
"I win somehow, so have a beer
"On me. And put away your mobile phone
"There's a creeper

Eyeing it from the end of the bar." "How did you get rid of that creeper
"Last night? The one who said he 'seed'
"A nice new mobile phone
"In your future?" "Ha! I promised to loan
"Him a grammar book and sent him back to his beer.
"I know eventually he'll take a fall.

"And when it comes he's going to fall
"Hard, like many a creeper
"Before him. Out in search of beer,
"Looking for the seed
"Of a loan
"Or maybe to steal another mobile phone."

Yep, come fall we'll be storing the seed
For planting, hoping no creeper will come looking for a loan
For beer or a new mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment