Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day Nineteen

Today's words:
Frog
Sale
Planet
Task
Coronet
Farm

I found a crazy little ceramic frog
At the yard sale
I went to yesterday. On what planet
Do people think that's cute? But I've no right to take others to task.
Not while my mom wears her coronet
While tending the farm.

And back on the farm,
Just like a frog-
Prince can wear a coronet,
A humble crop can lead to a big sale,
Although in this life there's always another task
To be done, as long as we're on this planet.

And in the interest of the planet
We don't use pesticides on our farm.
Sure, it's an additional task
To tend to, but one look at our prize frog
From last year will tell you it's worth it. That sale
Alone could pay for a classic car, like a Dodge Coronet.

Fine, sit on your throne wearing your coronet.
This planet
Isn't for sale.
I'm going back to the farm
To tend the new frog
And the last task

Of the day. One more task
In that long list. But I wear the coronet
Of Top Frog
Breeder on the planet.
Although I still think about putting the farm
Up for sale.

One more sale,
One more task.
I'm tired, but not yet ready to buy the farm.
My mom's coronet
Reminds me that on this planet
No human is better than a frog.

In making the sale of this dented coronet
I accept the task this planet
Has set for me: running a farm to produce the perfect frog.


No comments:

Post a Comment