Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Day Fourteen

Today's words:
Stage
Lover
Fairy
Novice
Tears
Stomach

Enter stage
Left, Oberon, consort and sometime lover
Of Titania, and fairy
King. "Oy, this novice
"Who's plaing him is awful. It tears
"At my stomach

"To watch." "Well my stomach
"Is empty. Go to the Stage
"Deli and get me a sandwich. Why the tears?
"Did your lover
"Run off with another novice?
"Or have you been visited by a bad fairy?

"Feh, screw the fairy.
"There's nothing wrong with your stomach
"That a pastrami on rye can't fix. Trust me - I'm no novice
"At this. I've been on the stage
"Practically my whole life. You'll find a new lover
"And forget all about those tears.

"Now look how Titania really tears
"Into her lines. She's a true fairy
"Queen. She doesn't need a pale lover
"Like that Oberon. You can see she's got the stomach
"For this part. I remember her first turn on the stage
"When she was just a novice.

"But even as a novice
"She had something. She was even funny, and moved us all to tears
"Of laughter. You forgot this was just a play on stage
"And believed the story of the fairy
"Queen falling for Bottom, who'd normally turn her stomach,
"But now almost her lover.

"Here now Oberon, her usual lover,
"Is just another simpering novice.
"I can't stomach
"His false tears
"He'll never make us believe he's the fairy
"King and not just another poseur on the stage."

And just as a jilted lover spills tears
That would elude a novice, so one really needs a fairy
Godmother to have the stomach to succeed on stage.






No comments:

Post a Comment