Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day Seventeen

Today's words:
Race
Luggage
Chimney
Accident
Fan
Lido

"Slow down! This isn't a race.
"And mind where you put that luggage.
"I don't want to find it in the fireplace, covered in chimney
"Ash like last time. I know that was an accident
"But I'm no fan
"Of yours anyway. I'm going out to the lido

"For a swim." But the lido
Was crowded; it seems there was a race
Of some sort. Going back would only fan
The flames of the luggage-
Boy's ardor - an easily avoided accident.
We don't want any smoke coming from that chimney.

Back in the room, the boy looked up the chimney.
He knew what was going on at the lido.
A tragic accident,
Hardly a race.
He left the luggage
Arrayed in the shape of a fan.

And picking up the bellows, he used them to fan
A small fire in the fireplace, smoke going up the chimney.
She'd be chilled when she returned to her luggage
After being out on the lido,
Easpecially if she discovered that the race
Was in fact an accident.

But sometime's there's what's called a happy accident.
Sometimes a fan
Will win the race
From the chimney
To the lido,
Even encumbered by luggage.

"Pack up the luggage.
"There's been an accident
"Down at the lido."
"I know. I was a fan
"Of his. I'd left my chimney
"To go watch the race"

In stowing the luggage, a fan
Fell out of one of the bags by accident. It landed near the chimney,
Reminding her of that day at the lido and what wasn't a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment