Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day Twenty-six

Today's words:
Prejudice
Palace
Blackboard
Torrent
Angel
Spy

Prejudice
Is not as simple as keeping some people out of the palace,
Or writing their names on a blackboard
And expelling them with a torrent
Of invective. I'm no angel
Here, but I may be a spy.

From here I spy
On all the ways prejudice
Takes an angel
From the palace
Of good, only to transform him in a torrent
Of lies written on a blackboard.

I say erase the blackboard.
Go out and find the spy
Who has been providing a torrent
Of misinformation, fueling the prejudice
That infests the palace.
I may not be an angel;

I do not have the wings of an angel.
But I know better than to believe what's written on the blackboard
Outside the palace.
They say I'm a spy,
But that's just their prejudice.
Soon I'll unleash a torrent

To cleanse them, like a torrent
Of love frees an angel
From prejudice.
And now I write on the blackboard
The true name of the spy
Who has infiltrated the palace.

Even though I live in the palace
I know I am not immune from the torrent
Of lies spread by the spy
Who, posing as an angel,
Uses the blackboard
To spread insidious prejudice.

Even in this palace an angel
Can't hold back the torrent alone. We must watch the blackboard
And be sure to spy for any sign of prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment