Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day Twenty-two

Today's words:
Teacher
Robot
Prank
Card
Pillar
Pill

It isn't easy being a teacher.
You've got to avoid seeming like a robot.
You know one kid will always pull a prank
On you. But sometimes you'll get a nice card.
That makes it easier to be a pillar
Of society, rather than simply a pill.

But she really was a pill
My first teacher.
Like Lot's wife, I'd've turned her into a pillar
Of salt if I could have. She spoke like a robot.
I dreaded my report card
And dreamed of a prank

To get her with. Nothing mean, just a harmless prank,
Just to let her know what a pill
She was. A warning, like a yellow card
In football. Just to remind the teacher
I'm not a robot.
I'm no pillar

Either, but who wants to be a pillar?
You couldn't pull a prank.
You're basically a robot.
Unfortunately there's no pill
To take for that. So listen to the teacher
And pray for a good report card.

And now I'm grown, a card-
Carrying pillar
Of my field. Was it because I had a good teacher?
Or has someone played a prank
On me, giving me a pill
To turn me into a robot?

Because sometimes I feel like a robot.
As I hand out my business card
I wonder if there's a pill
To change me back from a pillar
To the kid who wanted to prank
Her teacher.

So which is it, a robot or a pillar?
A nice card or a mischievous prank?
A bitter pill or a thoughtful teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment