Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 123

Today's words:

Crystal
Sale
Drinking
Hardware
Ink
Lawn

I looked into the crystal
Ball. I got it on sale
And it told me me you'd been drinking.
It doesn't take a genius to see that, so I went to the hardware
Store for a key and wrote my name in ink
On it, and then I sat out on the lawn.

I mowed the lawn
Last night before I looked into the crystal
Ball. I need some fresh ink;
Maybe there's some on sale
Down the street by the hardware
Store. Otherwise I'll just spend the day drinking.

Because when I'm drinking
I don't care about the lawn
Or the hardware
Store. I keep my mother's crystal
In the cabinet. It's not for sale,
And I'll write that in ink.

Ink
Is what keeps me from drinking
Too much. It's not for sale
Not even on the lawn.
Take that, Crystal,
To the hardware

Store. Why does the hardware
Store always smell like ink?
And why is Crystal
Out drinking
On the lawn?
You'd think there was a sale

Or something. A sale
On hardware
Would be a good thing. Even the lawn
Is tired of ink.
I'll just go back to drinking,
Crystal,

Darling.  You make a sale on that ink
While I keep the hardware here while I'm drinking
On the lawn, my darling Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment