Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 139

Today's words:

Passion
Oil
Farm
Cube
Salary
Estate

Farming's my passion
But if I hadn't struck oil
I probably couldn't have afforded to keep the farm.
Still, it's better than being some mindless cube
Servant, even though there's no fixed salary,
And I have no idea if I'll be able to leave an estate.

I guess I should do some estate
Planning, even though I've no passion
For those sorts of things. I don't have a salary
And who knows how much longer the oil
Reserves will hold out.  I might have to get a job in a cube
Farm.

Down here on the farm,
Or, as my brother calls it, "the estate,"
The only cube
You'll see is a bale of hay. We do have passion
Flowers, though, and they're lovely.  Just glad I've got the oil
Reserves so I don't have to scrounge after a salary.

Working for a salary
Instead of running this farm
Seems like slavery to me. Striking oil
Has allowed me to establish an estate
And to follow my passion
And not be imprisoned in a cube.

Sitting back, I drop a cube
Of sugar in my tea. I don't miss a salary
Because this is my passion,
This farm,
And the estate
I have due to that oil.

I'm not thrilled about all the pollution generated by oil
But without it I'd be working in a cube
All day, slaving for someone else's estate
While he paid me a meager salary.
Nope, this farm
Is my passion.

The oil revenues are much more than any salary
I could earn on a cube farm.
Here on the estate I follow my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment