Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 134 - le jour de gloire est arrivé

Today's words:

Skylight
Prize
Fuse
Cemetery
Graduate
Wine

The moon streamed through the skylight,
Illuminating the prize,
Which would fuse
With the winner. But like whistling past the cemetery,
I was more focused on my desire to graduate
From beer to wine.

For wine
Illuminates everything, even the moon through the skylight.
When I graduate
I hope to win a prize
And not wind up in the cemetery
Like a penny in a fuse

Box. That trick never works. I refuse
To stop drinking wine
Even though it may speed my trip to the cemetery.
I'll still look up through the skylight
As I watch you bestow the prize
On some other graduate.

Yes, I'm a graduate
Of the school of hard knocks. And if I blew a fuse
Over this ridiculous prize,
It's only because you wouldn't let me have my wine.
There's a skylight
In the mausoleum down at the cemetery.

In that mausoleum at the cemetery
The graduate
Peers up through the skylight
Trying to fuse
His thoughts and deeds, while drinking wine
And thinking about the prize.

The prize
Was awarded at the cemetery.
Wine
Was served and the graduate
Was able to fuse
His two sides. The moon streams through the skylight

Illuminating the prize as the graduate
Stands in the cemetery. We refuse
To congratulate him as we sip our wine under the skylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment