Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 130

Today's words:

Train
Trophy
Carrot
Mistake
Revenge
Shorts

My life is a train
Wreck; if they gave out a trophy
For Most Fucked-Up it would be mine. Going after the carrot
Of money was my first mistake
And life has been getting its revenge
On me ever since. Shorts

Or long pants? If you wear shorts
On the train
People will look at you. But if you're doing it for revenge,
Have at. You're not a trophy
Husband, make no mistake about that.
Just another carrot

Before the stick. A carrot
In shorts.
What a mistake
It was for me to miss that train.
Had I caught it I'd definitely have won the trophy
And gotten my revenge.

Revenge,
They say, is a dish best served cold. The carrot
Of having that dish is a powerful trophy
To look forward to, even if I do need to wear shorts
On the train.
But am I making a mistake?

It can't be a mistake
To finally get my revenge
On everyone on that train
Who stared at my carrot-
Colored hair and my shorts.
I'll put that in my trophy

Case, next to the trophy
I got when my opponent made the mistake
Of not wearing shorts.
They are mandatory when you're out for revenge,
With a carrot
On the train.

I won the trophy and had my revenge.
It wasn't a mistake to bring that carrot.
I'm glad I wore shorts on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment