Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 147

Today's words:

Stool
Angel
Rebel
Shampoo
Guitar
Potato

The girl sat on a stool
At the bar. "I'm no angel,"
She said, "But I'm not really a rebel,
"Either. In high school I didn't shampoo
"My hair too much and I took guitar
"Lessons. Do you have any potato

"Vodka? I only ask because potato
"Vodka is gluten-free." She twirled on her stool
And played air guitar.
I had to admit - she did look like an angel,
And her hair didn't need a shampoo.
"You sure don't sound like a rebel,"

I said, "But then what do you have to rebel
"Against, apart from gluten, apparently?" I poured her a potato
Vodka. "Well, right now I'm supposed to shampoo
"The carpet at my mom's, but I don't want to get up off this stool.
"If I were an angel
"I'd be doing that, instead of day drinking and playing air guitar."

"So is that how you use those guitar
"Lessons, or do you still play? Rebel
"Or angel,
"It's a good skill to have. Another potato
Vodka?" "No thanks." She got up off the stool.
"I guess I'll go shampoo

"That rug. I've already bought the shampoo
"So I'd better use it.  I'm playing guitar
"At a club in the city tomorrow. You can sit on a stool
"And watch me play.  Then you can decide if I rebel
"Against anything else. I'll even buy you a potato
"Vodka. See? I'm an angel."

And with that the angel
Flew out of my bar, off to shampoo
Her mom's carpet. I poured myself a potato
Vodka in her honor and thought of her playing the guitar.
For a little while I'd had a pseudo-rebel
On my bar stool.

I did go see the angel play the guitar.
Her hair did need a shampoo this time; that was her rebel
Phase I guess. Afterwards we shared a potato vodka and a bar stool.


No comments:

Post a Comment