Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 129

Today's words:

Fireman
Prophet
Juice
Escape
Space
CD

I think every fireman
Must be a bit of a prophet.
How else to explain the juice
That lets them escape
For awful places into free space?
And they can then record a CD.

I had a friend who recorded his own CD.
It didn't go anywhere. Thank goodness he also a fireman.
Paid by the city to simply take up space
Most of the time. Until some prophet
Helped him escape
And get some juice.

Because juice
Is what we all need.  That and a new CD,
To help us escape
From the fireman
Who is not a prophet.
We just need our space.

Space
And juice
Are what the prophet
Wanted, as he recorded his new CD.
You don't need to be a fireman
To escape

This situation. And only an escape
Into space
Could allow the fireman
To get the juice
On his own, while he slips a new CD
Into the charger. You didn't need to be a prophet

To predict that future. Any old self-styled prophet
Would do as an escape
Ticket, or in exchange for a copy of the CD.
Just leave me some space
So I can sip my juice
While I wait for the fireman.

I'm no prophet but I know how space
Works.  There's no escape, so grab your juice
And you CD. Let's not wait for the fireman.

No comments:

Post a Comment