Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 127

Today's words:

Union
Cockroach
Library
Cereal
Reindeer
Copyright

The thought of the union
Of those two was as gross as seeing a cockroach
In the library.
Eating my breakfast cereal
For some reason I thought about reindeer,
But figured they were protected by copyright.

So, ignoring all copyright
Laws, I proceeded to flout the union
In my reindeer
Painting. And just then a cockroach
Approached my cereal.
I fled into the library.

The library
Had always been a refuge, even if all the books were copyright
Protected.  I wouldn't eat cereal there,
Not the kind that crunched anyway - the librarians' union
Would have looked at me like a cockroach.
I carefully approached the reindeer,

As I'd heard reindeer
Startled easily. This one looked as calm as in a library,
But then started, as though it had seen a cockroach.
Having heard of my copyright
Violation, the authors' union
Made a move to confiscate my cereal.

Just as cereal
Is appealing to a reindeer,
So the union
Of the library
And the copyright
Will keep out the cockroach.

Except for Kafka's cockroach,
Of course, who may have eaten cereal,
But was protected by copyright
Nonetheless.  And the reindeer
In the library
Formed a union

With that cockroach while the reindeer
Ate the cereal left in the library
By the copyright makers' union.

No comments:

Post a Comment