Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 150

Today's words:

Tie
Help
Scallop
Microphone
Ambiguous
Sunset

She fussed with my tie.
"You really need help
"With this," she chided. The edge had a scallop
On it that made it difficult. The singer crooned into the microphone,
Something about an ambiguous
Sunset.

Whatever that meant. To me a sunset
Is pretty straightforward. Now my tie
Could be said to be ambiguous -
Maybe that's why I needed help
With it. Now the microphone
Singer was saying something about a scallop

On the edge of the shore.  I think I'll enjoy a scallop
Crudo at sunset,
With the microphone
Turned off. It's a tie
Among the help
As to who is the most ambiguous,

Sexually speaking.  Certainly ambiguous
In this fashion is a scallop,
I believe - can't they change sex at will? Or not - I need help
Remembering the biology I learned in school in the sunset
Of my years as I was now. Perhaps I'll just tie
Myself to the microphone.

I'll rant into the microphone
About how ambiguous
Everything is these days. It's a tie
As to whether the lobster or the scallop
Will go into the sunset
First. Certainly we've been of no help

To either. Help
Me turn this microphone
Off. I don't want to spend this sunset
Broadcasting my thoughts, when there's an ambiguous
Scallop
To be eaten and my tie

Needs help, as do I; I'm not ambiguous
On that point. I don't need a microphone to call for a scallop
Crudo in this sunset race to a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment