Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 124

Today's words:

Advertising
Snore
Leaf
Seal
Radiator
Button

Advertising
Is boring, a snore
If you will.  I ripped out a leaf
Of notebook paper and applied my seal
On it at the bottom, then I folded it and stuck it behind the radiator
And pressed the button

To call for some tea. After pressing the call button,
I returned to the advertising
Campaign in course.  It was for a new portable radiator,
And it really made me snore.
But I needed to get the boss's seal
Of approval so I could turn over a new leaf.

A leaf
Fell from the button
Wood tree as I broke open the seal
On the letter from the advertising
Company.  More junk mail - snore.
They want me to buy some sort of new radiator.

It's really just a portable heater, but it's shaped like a radiator.
I picked up the leaf
And leaned back in my chair, falling asleep with a snore.
No button
From an advertising
Company will seal

This deal.  I've heard the seal
On that portable radiator
Is defective, so the advertising
Company is issuing a recall. Just one more leaf
Taken out of their book. I undid the top button
On my shirt and let out a snore.

Apparently I snore
Rather loudly. That will seal
Any desire on my part to be button
Downed with anyone. I reach behind the radiator
And pull out the leaf
I'd put there earlier, when I was working in advertising.

The snore of a job involving that radiator
Campaign is what caused me to seal my career, sending in a leaf
With my resignation, a button, and some advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment