Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 101

Today's words:
Toilet Paper
Christmas
Teacher
Figure
Theater
Class

At Halloween we'd string toilet paper
From all the trees. At Christmas
We'd bake cookies to give to the teacher.
We didn't figure
Life would ever change, except for the roles we played in theater
Class.

"You've got no class,"
The popular girl simpered, "It's not 'toilet paper,'
"It's 'bathroom tissue.' You'll never get anywhere in the theater
"If you talk like that." But I was waiting for Christmas
Break so I could figure
Out a way to pull one over on the teacher.

I wanted to prank the teacher
And make her look silly in front of the whole class.
I just needed to figure
Out what to do. Maybe I could wrap her desk in toilet paper
While the school was closed over Christmas
Break.  When she came back it would be like being in the theater

As we watched her reaction.  My sister's theater
Teacher
Actually gave them homework over Christmas
Break, and then they had to give a report before the whole class.
"This sandwich tastes like toilet paper,"
He spat. I know it's only a figure

Of speech, but it wasn't good. I figure
I'll hide out in the theater
And ditch math class while I smuggle toilet paper
Into the room to prank the teacher
By covering her desk with it to embarrass her in front of the class
After Christmas

Break.  The Christmas
Nativity scene at the church was missing the figure
Of one of the Wise Men. But he turned up in class
Where the theater
Teacher
Used him to hold a roll of toilet paper.

For its Christmas play, the theater
Club brought the figure of the Wise Man on stage after the teacher
Had told the class to drape him with toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment