Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 106

Today's words:
Bargain
Garden
Parade
Satan
Video
Monkey

At under half a mil, this place is a bargain.
Imagine, your own garden,
And a perfect perch from which to watch the parade
On Thanksgiving. I don't know who in the name of Satan
Shot that stupid video
With that monkey

Running around. But I'm not going to monkey
Around with such things. I've made a bargain 
With another video
Company to re-shoot the garden.
That'll put the fear of Satan
Into them. No-one's going to rain on my parade.

I saw a clown in the parade
Walking a monkey
On a leash. By Satan,
That's a better use for the animal. I'll make a bargain
With you: Keep it out of the garden
And I'll let you sit in on the video

Shoot. There'll be a scene in the video
Of the parade
Seen from the terrace garden.
It's lovely: Let's not monkey
Around, this place is a bargain,
For the love of Satan.

"Get thee behind me, Satan,"
My mother used to say when tempted. But when I saw that video
I knew I had to strike a bargain
To make a better one, with a shot of the parade,
And perhaps the monkey
Walking in it - just not in the garden.

It was in a garden
That Jesus was tempted by Satan
Who appeared in a form similar to a monkey.
Nowadays, without the video
We believe nothing, and the endless parade
Of life strikes us as driving a hard bargain.

Sitting in the garden and watching a video
I was reminded of Satan walking in a parade
With a monkey in order to fulfill a bargain.

1 comment:

  1. Same comment as the day before: This was actually posted on Monday, but I guess the blog is on NY time and I'm not!

    Gotta fix that!

    ReplyDelete