Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day One Hundred

Today's words:
Granite
Sentry
Leg
Bubble
Bicycle
Consonant

I will my heart to be granite.
My mind is its sentry.
Only the shaking of my leg
Betrays how fragile this bubble
Of calm really is. It's like riding a bicycle
Or learning a new consonant

In another language. A consonant
Not found in our alphabet. My granite
Heart is trying to ride the bicycle
Of calm as the sentry
That is my mind looks on inside the bubble
I've blown around myself.  My leg

Keeps poking out. Pesky leg!
Not like the other one, consonant
With the rest of me in this bubble.
The granite
Sentry
Demands I get back up on the bicycle.

Even though I fell off the bicycle
And hurt my leg,
The sentry
Demands I remain consonant,
Calm as granite,
And still inside the bubble.

I blew a bubble
Of calm big enough to contain a bicycle.
I will my heart to be hard as granite.
I hold my leg
Still. I whisper this alien consonant
To myself, hoping it will be a sentry

Of my emotions, a sentry
Of this bubble
Where all is consonant
And calm.  You'll not knock me off my bicycle
Of equilibrium and the muscles of my leg
Are as hard and cold as granite.

I pushed the sentry off the bicycle
And burst through the bubble with my leg,
Spitting out the new consonant that tasted of granite.




No comments:

Post a Comment