Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 105

Today's words:
News
Fish
Promotion
Mulberry
Hanger
India

You know the saying, "Yesterday's news
"Is tomorrow's fish
"And chips paper." I couldn't agree more. The promotion
This week is mulberry
Sauce. It goes well with a hanger
Steak. Or would you rather go to Little India

A/K/A Curry Hill? Seriously, all my friends from India
Call it that, because it's in Murray Hill. But that shouldn't be news
To you. There's one restaurant with a hanger
Outside that's known for its fish
Curry and also a mulberry
Ice cream. I went there after my promotion

To Vice President. As part of that promotion
I was sent on a business trip to India,
Where I ate mulberry
Pie while watching the news.
It seems that a new species of fish
Had been discovered, with a head that resembled a hanger.

My hotel room had only one hanger
In the closet. I suppose if I hadn't gotten that promotion
I wouldn't have had any. People eat a lot of fish
In India,
At least where I was. This wasn't really news
To me, but the frequent use of mulberry

Sauce was. I kept thinking, "Here we go 'round the mulberry
"Bush," as I hung three dresses on the lone hanger.
I scoured the Internet to see if news
Of my promotion
Had made it to India
But all I found were stories about that new fish

Species. No one was quite sure what type of fish
It was exactly. After one final dessert of mulberry
Sorbet, I left India
And the one hanger
I'd been granted due to my promotion
(Ha!) and headed home, where there was still more news

Abouth the fish with the hanger-
Shaped head. And, again, mulberry sauce on promotion.
It felt like I'd never left India, but that's not news.



1 comment:

  1. This was actually posted on Monday, but I guess the blog is on NY time and I'm not!

    ReplyDelete