Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2014

Day Ninety-eight

Today's words;
Ghost
Passport
Cry
Seasick
Cocktail
Spring

After you left me I was just a ghost
Of my former self. I looked nothing like my passport
Photo. I'd sit around all day and cry.
I always felt vaguely seasick,
But would have another cocktail anyway.
I hated the thought of spring

And new life. But spring
Did come. I got a tattoo of a ghost
So I'd always have someone to talk to or share a cockail
With. I traveled and got new stamps on my passport.
I even took a cruise and didn't get seasick.
I'd only cry

Every other day. But cry
I still did, even though it was spring
And I'd stopped feeling seasick
All the time. I was still haunted by your ghost
Even though I was using my passport
To escape the cocktail

Of hurt and deceit you'd served me, a cocktail
Intended to make me cry.
Well it worked. Even those stamps on my passport
Couldn't erase the memories of that spring
We'd spent in Greece or the ghost
Of our relationship. I was so seasick

On that ferry coming back from Paros. I'd never been seasick
Before.  It's worse than what any cocktail
Binge can do to you. I wanted to die and become a ghost.
Yes, it made me cry,
But that didn't help.  Next spring
I'll get a new passport

So I won't be reminded of our past trips, like on my current passport.
I won't feel seasick
From thinking of you. Next spring
I'll enjoy a new cocktail
Of new experiences and I won't cry.
The only ghost

Will be my tattoo. With a fresh passport and the right cocktail
A girl can do anything, and any boy who'd make her feel seasick or cry
On a beautiful spring day deserves to be turned into a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment