Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 102

Today's words:
Cult
Mustard
Number
Tunnel
Torrent
Binder

I'm a member of that cult
Of people who put mustard
On their French fries. There are a number
Of us. If you've never met one you must live in a tunnel.
Not at lot, mind you, not a torrent,
But just enough. I keep a binder

Full of recipes. I'll often refer to this binder
When cooking, but I improvise too. I'm not in a cult
That way. I once saw a guy squirt a torrent
Of mustard
All over his food. He had to nearly dig a tunnel
Through the stuff to get to it. That's so wrong, in any number

Of ways. For a number
Of reasons, I prefer the recipes in my binder
To others, but I won't tunnel
Through all of them to adhere to the cult
Of mustard.
Outside the rainfall is a torrent.

And because of this torrent
I'm staying inside. I've got a number
Of things to do here, and enough mustard
To hold me. Flipping through my binder,
I look for something to make. I read that some cult
Members in Texas tried to escape by digging a secret tunnel.

They dug the tunnel
At night, even when there was a torrent
Of rain, because they really wanted to escape the cult.
There was a good number
Of them, but the leaders had their pictures in a binder
And sprayed them with mustard

Gas as they worked. The mustard
Gas flooded the tunnel,
Targeting everyone in the binder
With a torrent
Of stinging gas. And I can cite a number
Of similar incidents of people trying to leave a cult.

The mustard gas spewed in a torrent
Through the tunnel, claiming a number
Of victims, all in a binder kept by the leaders of the cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment