Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 111

Today's words:
Traffic lights
Smoke
Hymn
Toast
Courage
Myth

The traffic lights
Were spewing smoke
As a hymn
Or a toast
To courage
Created a new myth.

It's a myth
That traffic lights
Never fail. All it takes is the courage
To raise the smoke
From burnt toast
On high, like a hymn.

And like a hymn
In praise of a myth,
Or a toast
To traffic lights,
Smoke
Rises like courage.

To screw up my courage
I hummed a hymn
Under my breath. My breath came out in smoke.
It looked like a myth.
The traffic lights
Were toast.

French toast
Can give you the courage
To run traffic lights
While singing a hymn.
It's a myth
That smoke

Always rises.  Sometimes smoke
Comes from burnt toast,
But it's a myth
That it gives you the courage
To sing a hymn
To the traffic lights.

Give me a smoke to help my courage
To make a toast or sing a hymn
To the myth of traffic lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment