Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Day Fifty-six

Today's words:
Pile
Worry
Drug
Table
Badge
Metal detector

I left my dirty clothes in a pile
When I went to bed last night. But why worry?
It's not like anyone will see. The drug-
Sniffing dogs aren't interested and the table
Is clear. That's my badge
Of honor - that and the metal detector.

"Why a metal detector?"
You ask. How else to find my jewelry in that pile
Of clothes thrown on the floor? The policeman flashed his badge
At me as he went by and said I didn't have to worry,
They would take care of everything. I sat at the table,
Wishing for a new drug.

I want a drug
That works like a metal detector,
Finding the table
Of stability under the pile
Of worry
That is my life. I feel like I'm wearing a badge

That lets everyone know I'm crazy. A badge
Of shame if you will. There must be a drug
To take care of all this worry,
Searching like a metal detector
On a beach, searching through a pile
Of sand. Let's table

This discussion for the moment. I'll lay my cards on the table:
I'm not here wearing a badge,
And I'm not looking for a pile
Of money. Just tell me where the drug
Is, before I pull out the metal detector
And cause us both a lot of worry.

So don't worry.
I'm just here, sitting at the table.
The metal detector
Is just leaning against the wall. My badge
Isn't out. So where is the drug?
Don't make me pile

Cares on you. Don't worry, and don't make me take out my badge.
Just put it on the table. I want that drug.
I don't want to use the metal detector on that pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment