Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day Forty-four

Today's words:
Noun
Planet
Thief
Cape
Brass
Kidney

A collective noun
Is hard to grasp. Meanwhile, elsewhere on the planet,
A thief
Wearing a cape
And sporting a set of brass
Knuckles punched a store owner in the kidney.

"I don't want your kidney,"
He shouted. "It's another noun
"I'm after. I'm going for the brass
"Ring this time. I've had it with this planet!"
With that, he swirled his cape
And made off, as they say, like a thief

In the night. As opposed to a thief
In broad daylight? Whatever. We're having steak and kidney
Pie for dinner. Superman's cape,
Without Superman, would be just another noun:
Limp and discarded. And on another planet
Everyone's teeth are brass.

But let's get down to brass
Tacks. What thief
Would try to steal the whole planet?
It's not like it's a kidney
Or some other easily-transportable noun
That you can hide under your cape.

I'm going back to Cape
Cod, where they ring a brass
Bell to let everyone know the boats are in. A noun 
Can be safe there. No thief
Is going to get my kidney,
Not on this planet

Or any other planet.
I need a longer cape,
To cover my kidney,
And maybe with a brass
Panel to protect it from the thief
Who sneaks in like a passive-aggressive noun.

On this planet the moon is made of brass.
Wrapped in his cape, the thief
Hardly notices, as he tries to trade a kidney for a proper noun.

No comments:

Post a Comment