Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Day Fifty-three

Today's words;
Star
Hammer
Desert
Decoy
Saddle
Worry

I know you're a star,
You don't need to hammer
It into my head. Compared to yours, my life is a desert.
Or is that just another decoy
To keep me working and in the saddle
As your hanger-on and worry-

Wart. Well, don't worry.
I know how to star 
In my own play as well. Don't saddle
Me with your problems, or threaten me with a hammer.
I'm thinking of my duck decoy
Collection, useless in this desert.

I won't desert you,
You needn't worry about that.
It was just a decoy,
To distract you from always playng the star.
My head feels like it's being hit with a hammer.
Like putting a saddle

On an unbroken horse, I fought when you tried to saddle
Me with your responsibilities. Whose fault is it we're in this desert
Anyway? I'll hammer
That idea home, until worry
Becomes the star
Of this play, with fear as a decoy.

Just as a decoy
Lures unsuspecting birds, so the saddle
Of time can dim the luster of a star.
Lost in the desert,
Shaking with worry,
Smashing rocks with a hammer

Out of frustration. I used a hammer
To crush that decoy.
That's the end of one worry
Then, sitting tall in the saddle,
In the middle of this desert
I lassoed a star.

With my hammer hanging from a loop on my saddle,
I used a decoy to attract prey in this desert,
Hoping that worry could be erased by wishing on a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment