Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day Thirty

Today's words:
Conductor
Guarantee
Radio
Chimpanzee
Novice
Custard

The train conductor
Said he couldn't guarantee
We wouldn't be bumped from the radio
In favor of reports of the chimpanzee
Who'd assaulted the novice
Zookeeper by throwing his custard

At her. I get it, I'm no fan of custard
Either, but when the train conductor
Claims the novice
Engineer had just taken over, you can guarantee
That the story of the chimpanzee
Won't get much radio

Time either. I know they try to soothe on the radio,
And be bland as custard,
Hence the emphasis on chimpanzee
Stories, but when the conductor
Of a doomed train can guarantee
The fault was with the novice

Engineer, that's news. Why did they let the novice
Take over? Did the order go to everyone's radio
Or just some? I can guarantee
There's more to this custard
Than meets the eye. Per the conductor,
A chimpanzee

Might as well have been driving. Or maybe a chimpanzee
Would have been better than that novice,
With less training than a new conductor.
"When I heard that on my radio,"
He said, "My knees turned to custard.
"I could nearly guarantee

"There'd be a problem." Well, that guarantee
Happened, apparently. So much for the chimpanzee
And the custard. 
Only a novice
Reporter on the radio
Wouldn't believe the conductor.

However, I guarantee you that sometimes a novice
Can be right. So the chimpanzee got on the radio
In place of the custard invented by the disgruntled conductor.




No comments:

Post a Comment