Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day Thirty-seven

Today's words:
Glasses
Noun
Baton
Grasshopper
Wine
Verse

I must need glasses -
I can't even see that word. Is is a noun?
Does it say baton?
Whatever. I'll have another grasshopper,
Or wine,
If that's all you have, before attacking the next verse.

But before things go from bad to verse,
Ha ha, let's take off our rose-colored glasses
And raise a glass of wine,
No, not "whine;" the noun,
Or a grasshopper,
If that's what you're drinking, or raise your baton,

Maître. Isn't there a baton
In a verse
By Baudelaire? Le Serpent Qui Danse? Or is that a grasshopper?
I've drained too many glasses
To tell a verb from a noun.
But there's someone who knew his wine.

And speaking of wine,
I'm going to get my copy of Les Fleurs du mal to find that baton.
I think that noun
Appears at the end of a verse
I'll need to find my glasses
First, however. I just hope you know how to make a grasshopper.

I haven't seen a real grasshopper
In ages. Now, where is my wine?
Ah - here are my glasses:
"On dirait un serpent qui danse au bout d'un bâton."
Told you so! Do I know my verse,
Or what? I also know that "drink" is both a noun

And a verb. But leave the noun
And let's go with the verb. Did you actually make a grasshopper
While I searched for that verse?
I would have been fine with wine.
Ha! I'm such a poet. Just like "baton"
Rhymes with "Sat on," what I did to my glasses.

And what's also a verb and a noun? Wine,
But the spelling is different. No grasshopper dances to a baton -
So much for that verse. Whatever - let's raise our glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment