Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day Fifty-two

Today's words:
Bull
Lunatic
Poker
Fad
Flashbulb
Picnic

So here we are: I'm tired of you behaving like a bull
In the china shop of my life. Acting like a lunatic
Is boring, as so is this game of poker
We play endlessly. It's not a fad,
It's an obsession with you, but you're like a spent flashbulb,
Or rain on a picnic.

And just like ants attracted to a picnic
So I was caught up in your bull.
But no more. That flashbulb
Has popped. I'm not a lunatic.
I know better than to succumb to a passing fad.
It's like trying to beat the house at poker.

And I can't keep this poker
Face much longer. It's no picnic
Living with you. If it were just a fad
That would be one thing. But it's not, and that's no bull -
I've had it. Call me a lunatic
All you want, just smile for the flashbulb

When they take your mug shot. The flashbulb
Will pop, but just pretend it's another poker
Game, with the cards dealt by a lunatic
(That's you). I keep saying it's no picnic
With you, and that's no bull.
Oh, if only you were just a fad.

A fad
Is harmless, like the light from a flashbulb,
But you are more like a raging, wounded bull,
Tearing up all around you. I can't play poker
With this. You've got to go. I'm going out for a picnic.
Be gone when I get back, or I'll turn into a lunatic.

I've decided you are a lunatic.
Your behavior isn't merely a fad; 
It's who you are. Even a simple picnic
Becomes a drama with you, and woe if a flashbulb
Pops in your face. As for losing at poker,
I know that would kill you, like a bull

Stabbed by a lunatic matador, while the flashbulb
Captures it all. It's a new fad, like poker
And frat boys, or a picnic in plain view of a mad bull.

No comments:

Post a Comment