Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day Fifty-eight

Today's words:
Dance
Violin
Wolf
Cat
Diary
Orange

It's like an awkward dance,
Done to an out-of-tune violin,
Or a wolf
Set upon by a cat.
What's written in this diary,
In orange

Ink, makes no sense. In orange
Skirts I dance
To a tune in the diary
Of my mind. Meanwhile, on the violin,
It's hey diddle diddle, the cat
And the fiddle. But there's no cow, only a wolf.

A ravening wolf
Come to prey on the orange
Cat.
But still I dance
To the music of the violin
And tell secrets to my diary.

It's what's in that diary
That the wolf
Is really after. You put down the violin
And pour yourself a glass of orange
Juice as I go to dance
With the cat.

I've written about that cat
In my diary
But not about the dance
I did with the wolf.
Its eyes were orange
And the violin

Was out of tune. I used to take violin
Lessons. My cat
Would howl when I practiced. I wrote in my orange-
Covered diary
That I'd rather wrestle with a wolf
Than have to dance

To someone elses's violin. Where is that diary
Now? Who knows? But I know the cat and the wolf
With orange eyes can dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment