Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day Fifty-nine

Today's words:
Button
Champagne
Swimming
Seasick
Prejudice
Snow

Push the "Start" button
And break out the champagne.
We're going swimming;
Standing on this deck is making me seasick.
At least in the water I won't have to contend with your prejudice.
The whitecaps look like snow.

Just last week there was still snow
On the ground. Button
Up your prejudice
Or you won't get any champagne.
If you're feeling seasick
I'd suggest that you skip swimming.

I'm swimming
Away from here. I want to go back to the snow;
I'm getting seasick
Out here. I wish I could push a button
To call for some champagne.
It's a prejudice of mine

To avoid people I suspect of prejudice.
I'd rather go swimming
After a few glasses of champagne,
Or play in the snow
As I button
Up my coat. I'd never been seasick

Until that storm on the ferry in Greece. I never knew what seasick
Meant, but I sure found out. Still, I try not to have a prejudice
Against boating. I'll wear a button
That says, "I'd rather be swimming,"
Or sitting in a hot tub, surrounded by snow,
While sipping champagne.

Some people say too much champagne
Makes them feel seasick.
Not I. I will avoid the snow
But I've no prejudice
Against swimming.
I'm cute as a button,

Or a flute of champagne. Your prejudice
Makes me feel queasy, like I'm seasick, or swimming
Towards snow. Just don't push the red button.

No comments:

Post a Comment