Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day Eighty-nine

Today's words:
Jug
Vice
Bomb
Scallop
Fare
Wave

I grabbed a jug
Of ale. If drink is a vice
Then I am guilty. I'm sure that's no bomb-
Shell. Are you having the scallop
Chowder or some other fare?
I'm leaving - wave

Goodbye. Or wave
Down the bartender and get another jug
Of ale. The fare
Tonight is pretty good, even if gluttony is a vice.
However, that scallop
Pie is now a bomb

In my stomach. When the bomb
Went off, the shock wave
From the blast blew the scallop
Tank into the next room. And the jug
Of ale shattered.  The vice
Squad was late. Perhaps they hadn't paid their fare.

How dd you fare
After the bomb
Blast? Did the vice
Squad wave
You down? Did you take the jug
With you? And what about the scallop

Pie? Scallop
Gratin is on today's bill of fare.
That and a jug
Of ale will do nicely. Just call in a bomb
Threat if you don't want to go. I'll wave
A white flag. Cowardice may be a vice

But it's my vice.
I found a scallop
Shell washed up by a wave
And tried to use it to pay my fare.
I might as well have planted a bomb.
They acted like I'd stolen a jug

Of their finest liquor, or accused them of another vice. It's only a fare.
And it was a scallop shell, not a bomb.
I'll wave goodbye as I walk off with the jug.

No comments:

Post a Comment