Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day Sixty-four

Today's words:
Roller coaster
Picnic
Milkshake
Clown
Donkey
Album

After the roller coaster
Ride you suggested a picnic,
But I wanted a milkshake.
And as we stood there on the boardwalk I saw a clown
Riding a donkey.
One more snap for the album

Of strange sights at the beach. The album
Of my life is quite the roller coaster
Ride. I'm as stubborn as a donkey;
It's no picnic
Being with me and I don't clown
Around with feelings. You may have a milkshake

As long as you eat your dinner before the milkshake.
Have you heard the new album yet?
You think you're quite the clown,
Don't you? Well I'm not quite ready for the roller coaster
Again. Let's just have a nice picnic.
And when at last the tail was pinned on the donkey

It was revealed the the donkey
Had been right all along. No milkshake
Can salvage this picnic
And that new album
Is really a roller coaster:
Highs and vertiginous lows. Only a clown

Would attempt such bathos. A clown
Or an irate donkey.
I've had enough of this roller coaster,
And I don't want another milkshake.
I'm taking this old photo album
To the beach, to look at while we picnic.

As we finished up the picnic
I took a photo of the clown
To add to the photo album.
He led the donkey
Away as I sipped the last of the milkshake.
The roller coaster

Was still and it was time to end our picnic. The donkey
And the clown were gone. The milkshake
Was finished. I picked up the album and passed the silent roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment