Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Day Eighty-four

Today's words:
Cave
Survey
Pill
Window
Graduate
Calm

The men descended into the cave
To begin the survey.
I watched them, swallowing a pill,
As I sat at the window.
Next month I'd start graduate
School, so I was trying to stay calm.

The men seemed very calm
As they entered the cave.
The graduate
School survey
I'd taken did leave me a window
Of time to get my papers in. It was still a pill.

I'm trying not to be a pill
And to stay calm
Here at the window
But the cave
Scares me and I worry about the men doing the survey.
I know the leader is a graduate

Of a very prestigious school, one that I someday hope to graduate
From.  But for now I'd need to take a tranquilizing pill
To enable me to go down there for the survey.
There's no other way I could stay calm
In a cave,
Which is why I'm staying here at the window.

I opened the window
And called to the graduate
Leader. "Be careful in that cave,"
I called, "Do you need a pill
"To help stay calm?"
He shook his head and went on the with the survey.

And now the results of the survey
Are in. I read them, perched at the window.
I'm very calm
And ready to start graduate
School. I'll just take one more pill
And have a peek in that cave.

The survey done by the graduate
Scholars was very thorough. I closed the window, swallowed the pill,
And went into the calm of the cave.


No comments:

Post a Comment