Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day Seventy-six

Today's words:
Sunburn
Prince
Cow
Color
Navel
Vice

I got an awful sunburn
From waiting outside for a glimpse of the Prince,
But all I saw a was a cow
The color
Of sand. I may as well have stayed inside contemplating my navel.
That's my secret vice.

And that would also be my advice
To you: Avoid sunburn,
Gaze at your navel.
It's more likely to tell you something than is a prince
Who'll only color
Your dreams. You might as well talk to a cow.

But the cow
Is practically perfect. It has no vice
That we know of; evil thoughts don't color
Its ambitions and its skin doesn't sunburn.
Stay away from that prince
Who worships only his own navel.

And from my navel
I felt heat radiating outwards. Krishna had a cow,
And is a prince.
He does, however, know vice.
Does blue skin sunburn?
Or does its color

Protect it? What is the color
Of his navel?
Does he even have one? And can it sunburn?
That's why the cow is sacred.
It keeps vice
Away from the prince

Of peace, the prince
Of the color
Blue. It's not a vice
To meditate on one's navel.
Sit in the shade next to the cow
And you'll avoid a sunburn.

As the Prince contemplated his navel,
The blue color of the sky spread to the cow,
Saving it from the vice of sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment