Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day Eighty-five

Today's words:
Arrow
Lentil
Bib
Harp
Farm
Soup

The arrow
Split the lentil.
That's how good a shot he was. I tied on a bib
While you played the harp
And he went down to the farm
To get the soup

For dinner. He came back with the soup
And a bow and arrow
Over his shoulder. He'd brought them from the farm
As well. The lentil
Was shattered on the ground as you strummed your harp.
He tied on a bib

And you put on your bib
As he served out the soup.
The harp
Lay discarded with the bow and arrow.
"And now," he said, "it's time for lentil
"Milling down on the farm"

Down on the farm,
Protected by a bib,
He began the lentil
Milling. I gathered up the soup
Bowls, the bow and arrow,
And the harp.

You picked up the harp
When I got to the farm
With it, and he the bow and arrow.
I tore off my bib
And washed out the soup
Tureen, throwing a stray lentil

To the ground, a lentil
That had gone unbeaten. You strummed the harp
As I washed the soup
Dishes there on the farm.
Then I folded my bib
And placed it under an arrow.

I miss lentil milling on the farm
Accompanied by the harp. I'd wear a bib
For protection and then we'd make soup stirred with an arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment