Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day Sixty-eight

Today's words:
Handkerchief
Arm
Laser
Railway
Hazard
Fuse

Long ago, Daddy held his handkerchief
Up out my nose and said, "Blow." His arm
Held me close to him. His eyes were a laser
Beam, ensuring my safety as we started off on our railway
Adventure. No hazard
Could touch me. I think I'm starting to fuse

Several memories together. Perhaps I've blown a fuse.
But as I blew into that handkerchief
I knew I was in no hazard.
I leaned against his arm
As we entered the railway
Station. But he died before the laser

Surgery that could have saved him. They use a laser
For all kinds of things nowadays, to fuse
Things and to blast them apart, keeping the body's railway
Open. A white handkerchief
Waved at the end of an extended arm
Indicating a hazard

Up ahead. I'll hazard
The guess that there's a laser
Involved here, used as an arm
To fuse
The tracks (the handkerchief
Still waving) of the railway.

It isn't every day that the railway
Is forced to halt due to some hazard
Or other. The white handkerchief
Isn't too often seen. But even thought a laser
Can de-fuse
A bomb, or dis-arm

A terrorist, one arm
Of the railway
Tracks can fuse
With another to create a hazard
All on its own. The laser
Can't do anything about that. Daddy put away his handkerchief

And taking my arm, we avoided the hazard
Of the railway tracks, knowing a laser
Would fuse them later. I still have the handkerchief.

No comments:

Post a Comment