Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day Sixty-two

Today's words:
Briefcase
Ears
Ivy
Seat
Curtain
Sunburn

Set down the briefcase
And tell me what's wrong. I'm all ears.
Don't let ivy
Grow on your seat
And use the curtain
So you don't get a sunburn.

It's not a sunburn
I'm worried about; it's what's in this briefcase.
Behind the Iron Curtain
They've got big ears.
I don't know where to take a seat
And I'm afraid of that ivy.

Don't worry about the ivy,
The sunburn
Will take care of it. Now take a seat
Right here and show me what's in the briefcase.
Open up your ears,
But stay behind the curtain.

I drew back the curtain
And Ivy
Put her hands over her ears.
But nothing happened, not even a sunburn.
The briefcase
Hadn't moved and she was still in her seat.

Now take a seat
Here behind the curtain
And open the briefcase,
Ivy.
You've only got a bit of a sunburn
On the tips of your ears.

Open your ears
And stay in your seat.
Avoid a sunburn
By staying behind the curtain, 
Ivy.
And give me the briefcase.

By using her ears and staying behind the curtain
And in her seat, Ivy
Avoided a sunburn while I made off with the briefcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment