Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Day Forty-two

Today's words:
Food
Binge
Snail
Bank
Lamp
Doughnut

I have a complex relationship with food
It's binge
Then purge, while everything else goes by slow as a snail.
I think about it all the time - in line at the bank,
Or outside, under a street lamp:
"I could really go for a doughnut."

But it's not just a doughnut;
I crave all types of food.
Someone should shine a lamp
On that. And it is a binge,
Because you can't save it, like money in a bank
To be used later, or like a snail

Builds its shell. I'd like to hide like a snail
Retreats in its shell, but I guess I'll have a doughnut
Instead. Then I'll go to the bank
To get money to buy more food.
Time for the next binge.
I'll put out the lamp

So I can't be seen. That lamp
Shaped like the shell of a snail.
I'll start the binge 
With a doughnut
And then move on to other types of food.
I'm not going to bank

On there being more tomorrow. No bank
Can light a lamp
Bright enough to show all the food.
And the snail
Can't have any. This is my doughnut
And my binge.

Like a alcoholic on a drinking binge,
You can take to the bank
My promise to the doughnut:
I'll put out the lamp
To hide you from the snail
Who wants to steal my food.

Next binge I'll remember to light the lamp.
The line at this bank moves like a snail,
And who says a doughnut isn't food?

No comments:

Post a Comment