Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day Thirty-two

Today's words:
Ego
Mistake
Genius
Profit
Tart
Hardware

You'd have to have a pretty insecure ego
To claim you'd never made a mistake.
Even a genius
Lost a lot before making a profit
With ideas as useless as an apple tart
In a hardware

Store. What kind of hardware
Is used to fix an ego?
Can the tart
Sting of a mistake
Turn to profit
In the education of a genius?

It really doesn't take a genius
To know that hardware
Is less likely to turn a profit
These days. Perhaps the fault with my ego
Was admitting my mistake
Too soon, or thinking of myself more as a tart

And less an inventor. But I feared the tart
Scorn of our resident self-proclaimed genius.
Stupid, I know, and yet another mistake.
I just wanted to sell hardware,
Not nourish another's ego,
And hopefully turn a small profit.

For whose is the profit
When tart
Criticism stings one's ego?
Why should I care if this "genius"
Thinks selling hardware
Was a mistake.

I'll tell you what's a mistake:
Caring for profit
Above all else, and not allowing the hardware
Business time to grow. Maybe people would like a bit of tart
As they shopped for tools. Why listen to this non-genius
Praise his own ego?

So maybe it wasn't a mistake, this idea with the tart
In the store. It's no profit to the genius
Who ignored the hardware store plan in favor of his own ego.


No comments:

Post a Comment