Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Day Thirty-five

Today's words:
Ice
Aluninium
Bribe
Indian
Tongue

"I wouldn't expect your approval," he began, filling the shaker with ice.
The cubes rattled against the aluminum
As he shook the drink. "But I had to pay that bribe.
"It was that, or lose all my business to an Indian
"Company. So when he told me I held my tongue
"And paid up, though I nearly shat my frock."

Just as a corrupt priest can lose hs frock,
So a business can be put on ice
If its owner wags his tongue.
That's why so much of the aluminum
Refining is done on the Indan
Subcontinent these a days. We won't pay their bribe.

I tried to bribe
His secrets out of him, but he remained straight in his frock.
Protecting the Indian
Market. Cold as ice
Or pressed aluminum;
I could see his tongue

Wouldn't be easily loosened. I stick out my tongue
At all of you looking for a bribe.
I'll carry on with my aluminum
Biusiness as usual and down the back of your frock
I'll drop some ice
Cubes. Now take that back to your Indian

Clients. I know the Indian
Market is huge, and labor cheap. But my tongue
Is frozen like ice.
I'll not pay your bribe
Or unloose your frock.
I'll stick with my aluminum

Business right here. Aluminum
Is needed here too, and shipping fron Indian
Plants expensive. So keep your frock
On and bite your tongue
Before asking me for a bribe.
My heart is cold as ice.

No, my aluminum isn't going anywhere. Use your tongue
To tell that to your Indian client who wanted me to pay a bribe.
And shiver, as down your frock the ice slips.

No comments:

Post a Comment